While midwives, OB/GYNs and other medical professionals are responsible for the clinical care and safety of the mother and baby, a birth doula is solely focused on the comfort of the mother during childbirth. Doulas assist in helping the mother with various comfort measures such as relaxation, massage, breathing, positioning and much more. Doulas do not replace partners, but work together with them to more fully support the mother. As doulas, we honor your desires and respect your preferences. We hold space for a laboring woman and walk alongside her as she journeys into motherhood. Research shows that when a doula is present less cesareans occur, labors may be shortened and that maternal and fetal outcomes are improved. You can read more about the benefits of a doula here.
- Free consultation at third party location
- Two prenatal visits in your home
- Informational support by phone & through email throughout your pregnancy
- On call 24/7 starting at least 2 weeks before your estimated due date
- Continuous emotional, physical and informational support throughout your labor
- Coordination with and compensation of a back-up doula, if necessary
- 2 hours of immediate postpartum support and help with establishing breastfeeding
- One postpartum visit in your home
Our fee scale ranges from $850-$1150 and is reflective of the doula’s training and experience level. Fees will be negotiated directly between the client and the doula.